Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between Pspice, Tspice and Hspice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pspice Tspice Hspice

WHat is the different?

here they are

HSPICE is the top end simulator that is used in the IC industry. It has many more controls that experienced users can set.

PSPICE is a medium level hobby/industrial medium purpose simulator. The claim to fame is that it interfaces with the OrCAD schematic capture and layout programs. It does some things automatically that advanced users would not do but beginners would not think of doing.

TSPICE is a very low end simulator that works with the L-EDIT beginner/student layout learning program. It is cheap.

Reactions: Deepon

Deepon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
can LEDit export hspice?

Re: Pspice Tspice Hspice

why said T-spice is low end tool ???

Pspice is board (system level ) simulator
but Tspice already support level49 model , I think it can run on real ASIC
design ..

by the way , who can compare this tool on PC platform 

Smart_spice

tanner Tspice

Dolphin smash

Mycad mySPice

which is more accuracy tool on PC ..

as i know, pspice support BSIM3V3 but support for model is not sufficient; the algorithm of convergence is more important.
simulators like T-Spice or P-Spice may simulate small ckts (at most 100 transistors) but for larger designs like A/D and PLL accuracy is lower than standard tools like Hspice or Spectre , even the mentioned tool may diverge and could not find its way at all.

BEST!

Hi
thank you , how about Dolphin_smash & SmartSpice ...
Tanner sales said T-spice can replace hspice in ASIC design --> really ?

In fabless Co. In taiwan , we use Hspice , Hsim , AditSpice(sbtspice)
and spectre for simulation ( on Solaris system)
but almost focus on "Hspice "

how about San Jose Fabless ?? which simulator be use in USA design house ? I heard a rumor , hspice already stop modify for a long time ,
when avanti_Corp merge "metaSoft Co." , develop engineer not goto avanti_Corp , and Synopsys merge "Avanti Corp" again now
I find hspice update is very very small .. no significant feature or improvement on hspice , someone said USA san_jose already use another tools , which tool can replace hspice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back