Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to test digital part of a mixed signal IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwfhm2002

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As now most chip are mixed-signal IC, which include ADC, digital block and DAC. So if ADC can't work, how can I verify my digital block, especially when ADC is customized sigma-delta ADC. I can't find a signal generator can generator sigma-delta ADC output, but PC can generate them, but how to feed this data to digital block?

Hi,

If your chip have some digital I/O link and communication mean so you can implement test mode in your digital block. For example a test mode that route
a digital input to feed data to the digital block

you can add some io pin for your digital part, so you can test the digital circuit using digital logic testing method.

thanks. But I think you miss the key problem. I know I can feed signal from digital I/O pin, but how to feed them? Because digital logic will sample input data at a constant sample rate, so who transimit the data to digital I/O pin with clock from digital part?

It is an internal sample clock ?
if yes, route the digital clock to a digital input pin

you may list the alll feature on your digital logic , part and desiogn the testcase, and write the testbench to test them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back