Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design transfer Tool in Cadence virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperpaki007

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a problem to transfer the simulation files from one design kit to another design kit in cadence virtuoso. The simulation files and circuit diagrams are quite many and it will take ages for me if i tranfer the files manually. Is there any kind of tool which can convert one design kit circuit diagrams into another design kit circuit diagrams.
BR

Between different design kits there shouldn't exist differences in the result descriptions. Is this from/to different Cādence versions? Or from/to different simulators?

No ...i mean different design kits...For example if one design kit is 180nm and i want to convert the circuit diagrams to a different design kit lets say 65nm. How i will do that. Design kits may have different models so some software which does the model translation.

That's not just a question of different symbols and models. In such case you have to make a redesign, because you usually change currents, transistor lengths, and W/L ratios. An unchanged analog design probably wouldn't work well in a factor-of-3 smaller process size.

Well certainly there will be need for modifications in some parts of circuit but if i was thinking if there is some software which can just transfer the schematic files to another design kit and later on designer can tweak the schematics a bit to get the required performance.

I found somewhere that dbWriteSkill command can be used to generate .il extension file for a schematic. This .il extension file can be loaded back to other versions of virtuoso to get the schematics back in other versions. I know that this procedure will not account for design kit models but i can change them manually later on.

I ran the following commands in CIW to generate .il extension file for my schematic
cvId = dbOpenCellViewByType("myLib" "myPcell" "schematic")
dbWriteSkill(cvId "/tmp/dumpFile.il" "w" "6.1")

However, i don't know how to load back this dumpFile.il back in virtuoso as schematic. any help?

However, i don't know how to load back this dumpFile.il back in virtuoso as schematic. any help?

To load a SKILL file (.il) into virtuoso, type (in your case)
Code:
load "/tmp/dumpFile.il"
... in the CIW. Then you can run any command/function/procedure defined in this SKILL file by just typing its name (in the CIW).

To load a SKILL file (.il) into virtuoso, type (in your case)
Code:
load "/tmp/dumpFile.il"
... in the CIW. Then you can run any command/function/procedure defined in this SKILL file by just typing its name (in the CIW).

Following is the results from CIW window:
load "/tmp/dumpFile.il"
t
dumpFile.il
nil

The CIW window after that does not show anything.. How can i open the dumpFile.il as schematic

Following is the results from CIW window:
load "/tmp/dumpFile.il"
t
This means it is loaded ("true").

dumpFile.il
nil

The CIW window after that does not show anything..

How can i open the dumpFile.il as schematic

It seems this dumpFile.il cannot open a schematic - you didn't yet show its content - at least not directly by calling its file name. Above I told you, you can call any command/function/procedure defined in this SKILL file - usually its file name isn't a command for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back