Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How would you define soldermask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taring77

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
soldermask

Hi all,
how would you define soldermask?

traing77

Re: soldermask

Soldermask is a negative image layer that covers everything unless a void is placed to expose the underlying copper layer. All modern EDA packages automatically expose surface pads, via annulus rings, and pad annulus rings by placing an appropriate shape on the mask layer for you. The amount of pullback from the copper is defined in your design rule setup.

You can expose other features on the underlying copper by defining a shape on the mask layer manually - exactly how you would do that depends on your EDA package.

hi beepster
i mean soldermask in general

any good links to prove that

i mean soldermask in general

any good links to prove that

To prove what???

Majnoon

Some links that might help, don't know exactly the information you require as you were not very specific

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

http://www.tracelabs.com/east/Technical Papers/Solder Mask Paper.pdf

**broken link removed**

You can actually get the whole course stuff, just change the link from u01 to u02 and so on, then the hyperlinks should work

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

http://www.datacircuits.com/pages/eng_solder.html

Google is most wonderful tool ..... :D

:F

soldermask

The soldermask's type is depend on the PCB manufacturer

This can be done in PADS software in SETUP-->PADSTACKS by oversizing the pad size by required amount in the mask layer OR you have another option which works for any software i.e you can do oversize in CAM in the mask layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back