Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello. How to add a custom cell to the freePDK45nm standard cell library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaishankar

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am going to do a custom designed - register file structure in freePDK45nm library. I want to add this as a single "cell" to the freePDK45nm standard cell library so that I can use this cell for doing a microprocessor design.

CAn someone tell me how to add an extra cell to the standard cell library? do I have to use the abstract view in virtuoso or something like that???

iam using cadence virtuoso, rtl compiler, and soc encounter

Thanks in advance

You need to generate the .lib file to have the timing, power, area, functionality informations and a lef file for the physical description, and a CDs for the Celtic view.
You do not need to change the standard lib cell, just add on more lb file read by the backend tool.

You need to generate the .lib file to have the timing, power, area, functionality informations and a lef file for the physical description, and a CDs for the Celtic view.
You do not need to change the standard lib cell, just add on more lb file read by the backend tool.

Hello,
can you tell me how to generate those .lib files and .lef files? what do you mean by "CDs for the celtic view"?

I am actually a beginner. CAn you please give a brief info on what CDs/celtic views are ?

Thank you

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

can you tell any reference guides i may use for those .lib and .lef generation.
the design flow i must follow is something like this i think..
1. i think i need to modify my synthesised verilog netlist of the microprocessor - to include the new cell in to the netlist. what should i do in for generating the netlist from rtl compiler basically? (do i have to modify my .lib file here? or just create a new .lib file and use it in the rtl compiler)
2. then generate those .lef files.. and do the layout generation by using soc encounter..

i have this tutorial.. **broken link removed**
still, i am not clear on what to do. please help.

Sorry CDB file for parasitic/SI analysis in
The cadence virtuoso/icfb, has the tool to generate the lef / antenna parameters extractions.
You need to have an timing extraction generator to generate the lib file, I could check to find the name.
M y question will be what your flop have better than the std cell library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back