Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

verilog-xl simulation work fine, but ncsim hang up

Status
Not open for further replies.

eefelix

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've a netlist that when running the verilog-xl simulation, the whole simulation can be finished without problem, but when I put the same netlist into ncsim, the simulation will hang up at the middle of the whole simulation.

Does anyone come across the same problem ? Do you know the reason and how to solve it ? Thanks!

eefelix said:
Hi,

I've a netlist that when running the verilog-xl simulation, the whole simulation can be finished without problem, but when I put the same netlist into ncsim, the simulation will hang up at the middle of the whole simulation.

Does anyone come across the same problem ? Do you know the reason and how to solve it ? Thanks!

did the tool show any error message before it halted?
go discuss this problem with personnel of your EDA support/management department...maybe it's ncsim's own problem (not so well installed or configured)...
good luck!

stan

Due to difference between Event-driven and Cycle-driven compile

>>>Due to difference between Event-driven and Cycle-driven compile

??? Why ????
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO matter what kind of compilation, the program should NOT hang-up !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have only met the condition that the simulation can be run successfully
by Verilog-XL, but encounter some Error message(s) in NC-Verilog.
(Of course, you can say it's a tool-dependent problem.
Actually, it's also a coding problem...)

BUT it never hang-up the simulator !

agree. doesnt matter if it's event-driven or what. even if two simulators are both event-driven, they could produce different results due to event scheduling timing. however, it should never hang up.

casual3

joe2moon said:
>>>Due to difference between Event-driven and Cycle-driven compile

??? Why ????
NO matter what kind of compilation, the program should NOT hang-up !

I have only met the condition that the simulation can be run successfully
by Verilog-XL, but encounter some Error message(s) in NC-Verilog.
(Of course, you can say it's a tool-dependent problem.
Actually, it's also a coding problem...)

BUT it never hang-up the simulator !

i think that it because of you didn't st you library path correctly,echo your LD_LIBRARY_PATH

How to use verilog-xl in C@dence LDV?
I used verilog-xl command "verilog" in LDV3.0.
I can't find command "verilog" in above LDV 3.3 .

Does LDV support verilog-xl above version 3.3 ?
If the answer is "Yes", What's the verilog-xl command above LDV 3.3?

run ncsim with -compatibility switch. if it works, then it is like joe2moon said.

Oooo...I met the same problem.
Gate-level work fine with 'verilog' command of Verilog-XL, but 'ncverilog' command is hang-up, add '+delay_mode_unit' argument is partial work, but still hang-up on half time of simulation, What's happen?? Use 'verilog' compile spend much time, I don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back