Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the role of POC cell ( IO cell) in LVS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LVS

what u want exactly.. io cells r used at chip level..

Hi,
I know that. There will be one IO cell placed in the chip (POC) cell. This is provided for LVS purpose. I want to know what is the problem it will solve to make LVS clean.

LVS

hi,
could someone tell me what lvs is ? or, whats the role of lvs in backend flow ?

Lvs: Layout vesus schematic as it is called .
Lvs plays an important role in backend design flow .
1).After Standard cell design ,we would lkie to check if the design of stanadrd cell is according to the spice netlist provided.Then we use Lvs to extract devices and connectivity from std cell design ,forms its own netlist and compare it with earlier provided netlist to find out the differences between either of netlist.A Lvs match for std cell design indicates ,design is according to provided spice netlist.
2). In the case full chip design ,LVS cmpares verilog netlist and ,Post Layout netlist for this purpose.

LVS

hi,
thanks for the response. i was under the impression that the spice netlist is generated from the gdsII file and checked for connections (i.e. shorts and opens). i thought it was compared against the gdsII itself in semicustom flow. or is it compared against the original verilog netlist which is taken through floorplanning, placement and routing ? i'm still confused. please correct me if i'm wrong.

also, if there are any tutorials for LVS, please post it.

Thank you.

Hi,
LVS is done to check our final GDSII file behaves functionally same as the original netlist we got after synthesis. I think there are more discussions about this. you can search for it.

Added after 1 minutes:

Hi,
No one replied about POC. Hope the discussion is diverting. Please answer queries regarding to POC.

LVS

How does POC helps in LVS checking?//

what is POC ?

LVS is just checking opens and shorts .. n check no of devices formed to the actual devices after PNR
Shiv

Hi,

POC is the IO cell name i think

Added after 1 minutes:

Hi,

POC is the IO cell name i think

POC means Power-On-Circuitry. This is used to check whether IO power PADs are power-on first before core Power PAD is on to avoid the IO's to be floating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back