Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog and Digital Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsp

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am a fresher, i got an offer to work in two good companies, one is in digital and the other in analog design. I am equally intrested in both, can any one advice me which area to go for. Please can anyone tell me about the salary growth in both the areas after 5 years of exp

analog ic design is a good choice for career. nowadays a lot of digital designer already. analog designer is not much at least in my country. other country i dont really know. so as for me, choose analog sector.

Choose mixed signal, :D, if possible. Try to learn as many tools as possible. Place an emphasis on developing a mixed signal system encompassing both schematic based (analog) and RTL based (digital) system, therefore you can learn a lot.
If I have to choose b/w the 2, I would most probably choose the better company in terms of career prospect. Neither analog nor digital would make any difference if you choose the wrong company. Check for the underlying company is my conclusion.

Analog is keep you young for longer time without competition.
Digital is keeps you alert for longer time with competition.
Best choice go for mix.

Note : I am not working any where , but I sense.

Digital is comparitevely easy (with the kind of automation available) , however ANALOG is a tough journey.
Salary growth is almost similar in both as Analog is tough , but digital has Expensive and BIG projects.

Ofcourse , Mix is the best choice. But if u are really intereseted in ANALOG and enjoy the pains of Analog design, go in Analog as u'd hopefully get a chance to shift into MIXED from Analog.

Also note that, not many companies are experts in Analog , but in digital there are more companies.

go 4 analog provided u have an option. thers no question of thinking again 2 decide in this.. don worry abt salry atleast for the first 2 years.. learn as much in analog durin this period.. pay wise also u wont be regrettin later..

go for analog option
there are less players are there in analog and more very less people get chance to learn analog...growth is more in analog VLSI

Analog is a better choice

lsp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
leelamadhav said:
Analog is a better choice
Will digital guys have the same opinion?:D

It deponds on your interst.

Hi
In fact, there are very differences between these two era from basis to advanced.
to be professional in your field, you must yourself determine your real interest; (not to be epicene), Analog and digital designs are their complexity but the former is more mathematical and requires more talent.

Regards,
SAZ

its better 4 analog designer to be a gud mixed one...

HI ,
I work for Digital Design and planning to move to analog .Analog is tough but very interesting .Better to start your career with analog and later move on to mixed or digital which you would find relatively easy to learn...

Interest is the most important thing!

Go with your interest and your heart!

If you have interested in both and if you are very much comfortable with both then you can chose any field but digital is relatively easy compared to analog so decide yourself what to choose.

I have a feeling that analog is more interesting,although it will cover less areas in a chip.

You just choose your career according to your interests.

Yes, I think interests in the best guider

I think digital's future is software,with software 's thought ,and software's tools,
make digital product.But analog 's future sure enter into common place,It will not be not very mystery ,and grasped by many company ,and many engineer.

lsp said:
Hi, i am a fresher, i got an offer to work in two good companies, one is in digital and the other in analog design. I am equally intrested in both, can any one advice me which area to go for. Please can anyone tell me about the salary growth in both the areas after 5 years of exp

If I were you, I will pick analog design

However, to be fair to you, this forum has more analog guys than digital freaks.

Our views might be biased ...

recently,I found that the digital design is more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back