Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

intiCA

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I'm figuring out a way to delay UART frame for approx. 200-300us.
Are there ways to do that?
Could anyone suggest something on this matter?

frame.png

BR

Hi,

a 32kHz clock and an 8 bit shift register ser_in ser_out

Klaus

Hi,

out of curiosity I did a search:

Now my solution is: an about 500kHz clock and MC14517 wired as 128bit shift register.
It should work well for 9600 as well as 19200 baud.

Klaus

Hi,

out of curiosity I did a search:

Now my solution is: an about 500kHz clock and MC14517 wired as 128bit shift register.
It should work well for 9600 as well as 19200 baud.

Klaus

Klaus, could you just out of curiosity draw a sketch, how it would look like: the clock + MC14517, input, output and so forth.

Hi,

First try it on your own. It´s rather sratight forward.
Show us your result.

Klaus

Hi,

First try it on your own. It´s rather sratight forward.
Show us your result.

Klaus

it's not clear what did you mean by clock. Is there a specialized IC?

Hi,

"Clock" is a rather common term in electronics, especially in digital electronics.
It is mainly defined by the frequency and voltage levels.. (there are also more detailed timing parameters)

Now I´ve told you the frequency: about 500kHz
and the voltage levels are given in the MC14517 datasheet.

Please understand that a forum can´t replace school.
If you are not familiar with the term "clock", then I must assume that you also are not familiar with proper power supplies, PCB layout, maybe voltage level converters....which you also need for your UART delay.
If this is the case, than I recommend to look for a person designing this project for you.

Klaus

Hi,

If you are not familiar with the term "clock", then I must assume that you also are not familiar with proper power supplies, PCB layout, maybe voltage level converters....which you also need for your UART delay.

Klaus

You must not assume anything. If I were you I wouldn't jump to conclusions. :thumbsdown:

Hi

You are upset because I don´t do your job - for free? Really?

I took my spare time for you to find a solution, I did an internet search, I gave you a part number.
I wrote more text than you. I gave, you took.

If this is not enough, then please rely on the (not yet given) answers of the other forum members.

Bye

Klaus

Hi

You are upset because I don´t do your job - for free? Really?

I took my spare time for you to find a solution, I did an internet search, I gave you a part number.
I wrote more text than you. I gave, you took.

If this is not enough, then please rely on the (not yet given) answers of the other forum members.

Bye

Klaus

yes, here you are right on all counts. Next time just refrain from something writing and let to answer other members which are less tired than you or so. :laugh:
I would be much obliged.

Cheers

Hi,

Form both of us, the lazy one is you. Every one can recognize this.

You treat those who take effort to find a solution for your problem worse that the ones that don´t respond at all.
Thus I respect your point. Not responding to your posts in future does not have any drawback for me.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back