Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question related to high latency

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirankumark0489

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question related to latency,
1. In a design, the latency is 10ns, skew is met with 20ps, and clock is 1ns, what will be the issue?

1. In a design, the latency is 10ns, skew is met with 20ps, and clock is 1ns, what will be the issue?

latency of what? your question is is not comprehensible. skew is met? skew of what? clock skew target?

latency of what? your question is is not comprehensible. skew is met? skew of what? clock skew target?

Network latency is of 10ns, and target skew is 20ps and same met, but the clock is 1ns, so will there be an issue, if yes what would be the issue,
This was one of the interview question.

You have a 'network latency' of 10ns. What is it that you are calling network latency? Is it insertion delay, i.e., the delay it takes from a clock edge to propagate from root to leaf? Is it external delay?
Then you say the clock skew is 20ps and that is met.
I assume the clock is 1ns means the clock period is 1ns?
If all of that means what I think it means... the values are kind of extreme but possible. With a 10ns insertion delay, process variation alone will cause a target skew that is in the order of 10s of ps.

It sounds like a bad clock tree, maybe it could be buffered better to reduce the insertion delay. I don't know. This question, as posed, is kind of vague.

Assuming close network latency from source to sink is 10ns, target skew of 20ps is met and clk period is 1ns then this is indicating a lot of call repeater stages which will cause jitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back