Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to design a 4-port wilkinson power divider with circular SRR using CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanana

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
four port wilkinson power divider with circular srr

Hi all,

i am undergrad student and currently need to design 4-port wilkinson power divider with circular SRR using CST. anyone can help me in design the required task? I am now done with power divider part by using ADS. the problem is how to combine both power divider and srr.

Types of power divider : Wilkinson power divider
Centre frequency: 2.4GHz
Power division: 6 db

Requirement:
Simulate the circuit using CST for the above power divider with srr in stripline technology. Substrate with Er=3.38 has to be used in the design and the design must be at least 10 db isolation. Appreciate ur advice and time. Thanks

Re: four port wilkinson power divider with circular srr

Do you know anything about where the SRR is supposed to be placed in the circuit? I would look through the literature for something similar -- I would guess it's been done before.

I agree. I've previously made a 2-stage Wilkinson divider and assembled the SRR very close, without any transmission lines going in/out to the resistor. Because if you do so, you might change the phase going from port 2 to 3 through the resistor.
You should make a google search under pictures to see how others have done it. A quick google gives me something like this:
https://www.comsol.com/blogs/wilkinson-power-divider-simulation/
**broken link removed** (marked in red square is the resistor).

Er=3.38 sounds like it is Rogers substrate. Also it shouldn't be hard to get 10dB isolation by placing the resistor close to between each transmission line.

Hi, attached photo is how is the srr will be connected. but mine is using circular srr with four port wilkinson power divider. I really hope you can assist me in design both components.

Attachments

• WPD with SRR.jpeg
    WPD with SRR.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back