Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] struggling with PIC connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ep.hobbyiest

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

PIC microcontroller is not getting started. I have made connection by copying my other board. Connections are seems to be fine. But i new board is not working at all.

If i replace the controller then controller works in OLD board, but not with new board.

Here are some voltage level i note down.

MCLR = 5.11V
CLKIN = 1 V
CLKOUT = 2 V

VCC = 5.11 V

What may the cause of this issue?

Please post schematic of the new board / old board. Or the gerber/artwork files

Obviously, there have been errors made in copying your original board connections - but we cannot tell anything from this information. Are the GROUND pins connected to GND, and is at 0V?

if the same controller work in old board and not working in new board then must be some the think with new board designing or nay dry joint check out power pin voltage are proper are you using internal oscillator or external oscillator if external oscillator then please check the crystal or cap around the crystal.

If i replace the controller then controller works in OLD board, but not with new board.

Then Obviously the problem seems to be in your board connections. verify again by comparing it with your original circuit.

Connections are seems to be fine. But i new board is not working at all.

How you verified this?

yeah i knew the problem was in connection only. But parallely controller was not working event though crystal was giving pulses.

Finally problem is solved. Problem was two ground connection of PIC was not connected properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.