Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtuoso Custom Inductor Connectiviy Short Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Dutchman

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Virtuoso Custom Inductor Connectivity Short Circuit

Hello Everyone,

I'm using a Virtuoso connectivity driven design flow. If I use inductors from the PDK, they appear as a symbol in my schematic with 3 terminals (+ - and bulk) and they also have the 3 corresponding pins when generated in the layout. If I have connections made to this inductor in schematic but not in layout, the Navigator window shows me that these nets are "opens(1)". If I connect them and extract connectivity, the Layout XL will tell me that the connections are correct.

However when designing a custom inductor (or metal resistor, or antenna or ...) they appear as a chunk of metal in the layout. Because an inductor with one loop is just a loop of metal. If I place 2 pins on this inductor, Layout XL will tell me that I have a short circuit. (I guess it is extracting the metal piece). I can't seem to get the connectivity working like in the PDK.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks!

You have to add a lvsres cell (should be in your process library) on the layout and also on schematic. This instance has 1mΩ of resistance and eliminate a short between two pins placed on one metal path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back