Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile phone headphone stage failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoARG

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

I got trouble with my phone about 2 weeks ago while testing a homemade audio amplifier.

I connected my phone stereo jack to a simple op amp inverting amplifier to test my power amplifier. It first worked well but from one day to another it didn't do. I don't know what exactly happened but it doesn't work. I connected it with a rubber case that sometimes causes false contacts, but when I connected it without the case it worked well again

Today I connected it and it didn't even work without the case. I put the headphones in my ears and heard a "step". When I moved the connector I heard some noise but anything, and my phone didn't recognize any headphone connected.

Then I realised that my left headphone was very hot, the output must be DC. I don't think it's a software problem but hardware, it must be burned... Is there anything I can do? Does it have a short circuit protected output? I don't undestand what happened here.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Core (the older version) and its connector does have a microphone input.

PD: The speaker does work well, I don't know if seaker and phone jack share power stages.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back