Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No more 455Khz IF transformers ? Is analog Superhet obsolete..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kripacharya

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I went looking for specs & sources of those IFT cans which were used in superhet receivers, and found almost nothing.

Has everything gone digital ? Or am I looking in the wrong places ?

My application is somewhat different. It is to implement a double-tuned BPF, with voltage gain as well.

What I need is a small (signal) transformer with a high-ish ratio of around 1:30 or more if possible. It would work in the region of 100Khz to 400Khz. The larger coil would be in the region of around 0.5mH. And it needs to be tuneable !

And lastly - as stable as feasible/ practical. Less than 200ppm/ deg C?

Yes they are pretty much obsolete unless you need mass production qty.

Everything has pretty much gone to ceramic resonators
455Khz with 150 pc min order here :cool:
**broken link removed**

Well they are still available on eBay as hobbyist items. Some even sold as complete set for making a superhet radio (Red = OSC, Yellow=1st IF, White=2nd IF, Black=3rd IF).
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X455KHz+IF+transformer.TRS0&_nkw=455KHz+IF+transformer&_sacat=0

I still have a few 6-transistors AM/FM radios where there are some of these IFT to be used as parts. No sure if the cheap Chinese multi-band radios use IFT or ceramic resonators.

Allen

there are a few superhet receiver chips that still work with a 10.7 MHz if. switch to that frequency plan.

there are a few superhet receiver chips that still work with a 10.7 MHz if. switch to that frequency plan.

Thanks, but I am not looking to build a radio. It's for a different application.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they are pretty much obsolete unless you need mass production qty.

Everything has pretty much gone to ceramic resonators
455Khz with 150 pc min order here :cool:
**broken link removed**

Any pointers on who could make such a trafo, if the mass qty requirement was there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back