Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

output of amplifier when it is connected to peak detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

matin-kh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have an amplifier which its output is shown below:
pa.output.jpg

I use a peak detector to detect the amplitude of the output of amplifier which its circuit is like this:
pd.jpg

I have a problem when I connect the output of amplifier to the peak detector the output of amplifier would be like this:
pa.output.pd.jpg

as you see the amplitude of out- is higher than out+ and it damage the output of peak detector i can't understand the reason with sin source the power detector don't act like this and every thing is ok, do you know what is the problem?

There's obviously a circuit asymmetry that can't be seen on your schematics. You better show the complete circuit.

the peak detector is shown below, don't pay attention to ref.level shifter:
1.jpg

and my amplifier is 3 stage of the circuit below:
2.jpg

thanks a lot :)

O.K. No reason for asymmetry in the schematic. May be crosstalk or asymmetrical load.

Your schematic uses what look like current sources. A current source will generate any voltage necessary to push its specified ampere value.

It will even generate a very high voltage. Could that be the cause of your odd readings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back