Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where should i place my impedence for cpw patch antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikki

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all,

I am another newbie in HFSS. Currently i am trying to run a simulation on cpw patch antenna for my project.
For the port setting, I was advised to add a waveguide (2D rect highlighted in pink in the attachment)at the bottom of antenna, instead of drawing the whole sma connector. However i am not sure how to accurately set the port on this antenna. Do i need to define the impedence arrow? if yes, which direction on the 2D waveguide should the impedence arrow pointing to?
Or i don't need to define impedence arrow, but to define a face on the antenna as and set as 50 ohms impedence? if yes, which face is it?
I am really lost... :(
Pls advise...or can email me at chels_chan@yahoo.com.sg
thanks a lot.

I do not know the version but my friends use waveports to excite antenna in HFSS 9.
Is that the same with waveguide?

Yah...my "advisor" told us to use waveport ..and draw a wave guide to excite the port...he told us to set the impedence as 50ohms and set the impedence line pointing up the patch antenna...he didn't tell us specifically how to do it...and he quit his job..no one to help us now. we realised what he told us is 2 diff issues..we are in a blur state..ahahah...
Our main doubt is..how to set the port correctly. As in do we need to set impedence line? if yes...where and which dir?
If no, what should we do to set the port correctly?

I really mixed up...
I do not know the impedance vector.
If you have tutorial for hfss 9, there are some examples on this issue. you had better to check tutorial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back