Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In ADS, What is the equivalent lumped values of DC_Feed and DC_Block values

Status
Not open for further replies.

raju_kambar

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sir,
In ADS 2009(Advanced Design System 2009),lumped component palette list ,we can find the DC_Feed and DC_Block. I want to know, what is the equivalent lumped values of the inductor and capacitor for these DC_Feed and DC_Block. I need equivalent values,because If I use MLIN instead of DC_Feed , I am getting the erroneous result. Please let me know, what is the equivalent values of DC_Feed and DC_Block.

Attachments

• DC_Feed and DC_Block.jpg
    DC_Feed and DC_Block.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 143

The DC_Feed, DC_Block and Short components are ideal elements that simulate as the same element with a different Mode parameter. There are parameters for C and L but these are used for transient simulation only where the ideal equivalent is no longer valid.

DC_Feed has Mode = -1 which blocks AC (all freq > 0Hz) but passes DC (freq = 0Hz)
Short has Mode = 0 which passes both AC and DC
DC_Block has Mode = 1 which blocks DC but passes AC

There are no real lumped equivalent components that work in this same way. An MLIN would work most like a Short and pass both AC (although with frequency dependant response) and DC signals so would give different simulation results compared to a DC_Feed which passes DC but completely blocks all other signal frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back