Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is antenna effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrikantec

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is antenna effect? in which stage this problem will come and in which stage need close the issue.

this issue arrive during the foundry process.
the metal layer are charge by the process, and when the final connection is done, this electical charge discharge in the gate which could not be enought strong, and the gate "burn".
During the routing phase, this will solved.

When a metal layer is being etched during process, charge particles are deposited on the metal due to friction. More the length of the net more is the charge accumulated.
Suppose in my design I has a long running net connected to std cell gate then the charge particles deposited on a net will be more and this charge can develop a voltage more than the vth of std cell, resulting in the damage of the gate.

When ever the antenna effect is identified in the design. Following ways can be used to fix them.

1. Long running nets have to be broken.
2. Placing a reverse-biased diode

~vamsi

Hi,

I would suggest you to read following post.. and Even After that you feel that there is any question, please let me know.

Antenna Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back