Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog-a with Tunnel Fet

Status
Not open for further replies.

palermo1982

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I´m trying to simulate a tunnel fet transistor using veriloga models from Penn State University. I have written the following code:

// VerilogA for ptmBasic, PTFET, veriloga

`include "constants.vams"
`include "disciplines.vams"

module PTFET(d,g,s);
inout d,g,s;
electrical g,d,s, dd, ss;
real Ids, Cgs, Cgd, Qgs, Qgd, f;
real VgsEff;
integer out_file;
parameter real W=1;

analog begin

// We assume that the PTFET and NTFET drive currents are similar
Ids=$table_model(-V(dd,ss), (-V(g,ss)), "/mnt/cnm/jnunez/cadence/PTM/TFET/IdVg-GaSb-InAs-HNTFET-Lg-20nm.tbl","1LL,1LL");
// We do not assume that the PTFET and NTFET gate capacitances are similar because the hole and electon DoS in InAs are significantly different
Cgd=$table_model(V(dd,ss), (V(g,ss)), "/mnt/cnm/jnunez/cadence/PTM/TFET/CGD-GaSb-InAs-HPTFET-Lg-20nm.tbl","1LL,1LL");
Cgs=$table_model(V(dd,ss), (V(g,ss)), "/mnt/cnm/jnunez/cadence/PTM/TFET/CGS-GaSb-InAs-HPTFET-Lg-20nm.tbl","1LL,1LL");

if(analysis("dc")) begin
I(dd,ss) <+ -1*Ids*W;
V(dd,d) <+ I(dd,ss)*55/W;
V(s,ss) <+ I(dd,ss)*55/W;
end
else begin
if(analysis("tran")) begin
Qgd = (W*1*Cgd)*(V(g,dd));
Qgs = (W*1*Cgs)*(V(g,ss));
I(dd,ss) <+ -1*Ids*W;
I(g,dd) <+ ddt(Qgd);
I(g,ss) <+ ddt(Qgs);
V(dd,d) <+ (1/(W*0.1e-15))*ddt(V(d))*55/W;
V(ss,s) <+ (1/(W*0.1e-15))*ddt(V(s))*55/W;
end
end

end
endmodule

It corresponds to the following schematic, where I have marked in red the name of the nodes (d, dd, s, ss). I have assumed that Rparisitc=55/W and Caparasitic=0.1fF*W.

View attachment d.bmp

Once I try to simulate I find that no convergence is achieved, getting the following error:

Zero diagonal found in Jacobian at M3.dd ...

Could you please give mw any kind of hint of what´s going on with this? Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back