Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why it has a constant 1 value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

horzonbluz

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
constant(1)

Hi, my friends. When i run DFT, it reports there are two clock gating cell have constant 1 value output.
Usually in the test condition, the test_se signal will and the Clock signal, that is to say test_se && clock. Why the report said the clock gating cell has constant 1 value?
I don't know how to handle this problem. Who can help me and give me some advice?

set_test_hold

horzonbluz said:
Hi, my friends. When i run DFT, it reports there are two clock gating cell have constant 1 value output.
Usually in the test condition, the test_se signal will and the Clock signal, that is to say test_se && clock. Why the report said the clock gating cell has constant 1 value?
I don't know how to handle this problem. Who can help me and give me some advice?

If the clock-gating cell mean Latch than latch enable signal?
I think you have set_test_hold 1 test_mode.
may it result in the information.

Hi, haosg.
I think the DC tool will not treat the clock gating cell as a "Latch". Because it usually has clock_gating_integrated_cell attribution.
The second i don't know why not "set_test_hold 1 TEST_MODE". In DFT, we must set this. I use TEST_SE signal as test control signal in clock gating cell.
And last in my report, this is a violation. So i must solve it.
Below is my setting for TEST_MODE signal:
set_dft_signal test_mode -port TEST_MODE;
set_test_hold 1 TEST_MODE".

My opinion is you should not connect test_se to the clock gating cell. Instead you
should implement a addition test mode bypass control input and connect this signal to
test_se pin of your clock gating cell.

Hi, kctang. Do you have used this method in your codes?
In clock gating cell, we can use TESE_SE or TEST_MODE as the test control signal. Usually we choice the TEST_SE. If we want to gating a function module, we will use a clock gating with a test pin controlled by TEST_MODE. Why you use this method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back