Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence/Virtuoso Plot Voltage Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

InspectorGadget

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm doing simulations on a VCO using Cadence at the moment (relative n00b to Cadence). I've got my circuit functioning and have a plot of the transient performance of the circuit for a set control voltage.

What I'd like to do is sweep my control voltage and generate a plot of voltage vs. frequency.
At the moment I have the equation to calculate my frequency (for fixed voltage) and it works fine. I just need to figure out how to now sweep the voltage and generate my plot.

Hope my question is clear. Any help greatly appreciated! :smile:

Ok, I've figured out that what I need is a parametric analysis and I know how to run this. What I don't know is a function to plot frequency versus each voltage stepped in the PA. Also, I think I'll need some way of not calculating the frequency for each step until after a so many nano seconds to allow for settling of my oscillator.

Ok, I've figured out that what I need is a parametric analysis and I know how to run this. What I don't know is a function to plot frequency versus each voltage stepped in the PA. Also, I think I'll need some way of not calculating the frequency for each step until after a so many nano seconds to allow for settling of my oscillator.

Hi,
Transient simulation and then running a parametric sweep will be very slow. What you can do is run a PSS analysis. See the following pdf.. Slides 22 and 23. **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back