Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Pro......converting "proportional" font to "vector" font?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

I am using Eagle Pro 6.2.0

I have done a PCB and used "proportional" font for the component designators ("C1", "R2" etc etc).

I did not realise that "proportional" font is not to be used, and that "vector" font is the one to use.

Having viewed the Silkscreen gerber file in the gerber viewer, i can see that some of the component designators have been skewed over vias, and thus they cannot be fully seen...............as you know, this would not have happened if i had used "vector" font.

So, do you know how i can change them all to vector font?...........i have moved all the designators into nice, neat places, so i am hoping that when i have changed to vector font the component designators will be in the same place?

Re: Eagle Pro......converting "proportional" font to "vector" font?

In the "Options" "User interface" you check the box marked "Always vector font" it should over-ride the individual settings.

Keith

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanks, though shouldnt i change all the fonts in the library devices and packages to vector font and then "update" them through into the schematic and pcb?

Sounds like a lot of work for something that is easily fixed in another way.

Keith

T

Thanks....but at some time i may have to update the schematic, and if i dont change the library parts to vector, then they will go back to being proportional font when i "update" in future?

Not if you have "always vector font" set. I have always had that option set and never had any problems. I have noticed some libraries use proportional font, but it doesn't matter with that option set.

Keith

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back