Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to extract resistance from IV graph in origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

aapirzado

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I need to know how one can extract the value of resistance from IV graph in Origin. I just plotted V and I on x-axis and y-axis respectively. I wonder there is some easy way to extract the resitance?
Thanks is advance,

say attached figure
say we have VI plot
Resistance (Impedence) = volt / current
so for our graph
this is similar to take slope
R = Delta V/ Delta I
Delta V = v2 -v1
delta I = I2 - I1
where I1 and V1 for the same point 1
and I2 and V2 for the same point 2

for the figure attached
resistance =( v2 - v1)/(I2 - I1)
= (4-2) / ((2-1)*10^-3) =2000= 2Kohm
as current is plotted in Milli Amper (mA)
Untitled.jpg

put the current in the X-axis and the voltage in the y axes. then take the slop of the line which is I/V and this represents the resistor value

Hi All,
I need to know how one can extract the value of resistance from IV graph in Origin. I just plotted V and I on x-axis and y-axis respectively. I wonder there is some easy way to extract the resitance?
Thanks is advance,

put the current in the X-axis and the voltage in the y axes. then take the slop of the line which is I/V and this represents the resistor value

I*R= V --> R= V/I
Slope = Rise / Run --> y/x

off course it is shown in the attached schematic .... R = V/I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back