Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inducing voltage from toroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamsiii

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can we induce voltage (about 24Vdc) from the power transmission lines of our own house with a toroid?
In many examples, we have seen that magnetic flux is generated by magnets and transmitted by another inductor coil. However, we could not have any transmitter (just the power transmission line). We want to design an inductor coil on toroid to receive a high amount of magnetic field. I am looking forward to any help with the design. Thanks.
ps. For now, I will demonstrate with a led. Just 5V is enough for now.

You have a private house with power transmission lines?

That sounds odd.

Or, do you mean that the power transmission lines is nearby, and you want to go grab some energy from it? Then don't do it, it is extremly dangerous and wil most probably cause death.

nope, i meant wrong. The power lines are 220V, 60A transmission lines, standant input for a house.

nope, i meant wrong. The power lines are 220V, 60A transmission lines, standant input for a house.
That is not "transmission lines" for sure. The operation you're talking about is still dangerous to perform, so I recomend not.

Anyway, a toroid could be closed around any of the phase wires, and it's seckond winding will output a current that is proportional (by factor that is determined by number of windings) to the current in the input wire.

That means it's very hard to use a current transformer to make a stable voltage output. However, if succeed to make 24V stable output, there will support very little load.

What formula do I need to calculate how many windings will there be? I need to have this voltage as Vcc for the circuit. (Maybe 12V will be enough)
Besides, I have found a second solution as clamp circuit, like the principle of clamp meter. Which one will be more efficient for me to induce more power?
By the way thanks for reply.

What formula do I need to calculate how many windings will there be?
It's not that easy. The output current will vary as the current through the toroid varies.

Why not just use a regular 230V/24V transformer from inside of the house to get the desired voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back