Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"analog layout automation"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that analog layout automation is not such a good idea, espetially if you deal with precision analog circuits. Most of big IT players still do full-custom analog layout design. Necertheless, there are a lot of attempts to do analog layout automation. You can have a look on the IEEE paper attached.
Sasa

laker and cadabra(synopsys) can make layout auto,but it works for digital

neocell?which company's production?

The analog layout by automation will cause many issues,so it is not a good way to do it.

The Automation can be very usefull where your layout design is repeating in the old layouts.I mean to say if you are doing layout of same architecture again again then at this point the automation can reduce your efforts by a great deal.

I have heard about VXL as well---
any way - that much could be automated, is an benefit, even if we cannot use it as it is. If it reduces some effort and time, its good.

neocell is good at lease for area estimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back