Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating square waves of 0-5V voltage levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

km

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, I have a problem with my circuit. I suppose to get a square wave output with voltage levels 0-5V at point A, but when I test my circuit with the circuit maker simulation, it gives me a different answer. What should I need to do in order to get the desire output?

The way that that circuit is. Point A is going to be offset above ~ 2.5(800k/1000k) V .There are all kinds of problems with that circuit . Transistor Q2 is driving a lot of current that is not even needed !!!!!!! I still don't get what is the point of that output cap the OUTPUT WILL BE OFFSETTED OF 2.5 V so whatever you will get in the output it never will 0 to 5 V ..

Ps : all that you need is a signal clipper to trim the input sine sine signal and a schmidt trigger to square up the signal .!

I just found another BIG !!!!!!1Problem . The polarization resistor R1 at the gate of the FET will never provide enough current to turn ON the DIODES .The FET gate has a SEVERAL HUNDRED megs resistance )
SO BASICALY THIS THING IS NOT WORKING!

because Q2 B-E only 0.65V ,so R3 only have same 0.65V voltage,But Q1 want to saturate turn on,But 5V=V_R3+VDS_Q1+V_R5,and R5 have smaller voltage than R3,so the equation is not realize.and so you design idea of 0-5V is not realize.

eltonjohn said:
I just found another BIG !!!!!!1Problem . The polarization resistor R1 at the gate of the FET will never provide enough current to turn ON the DIODES .The FET gate has a SEVERAL HUNDRED megs resistance )
SO BASICALY THIS THING IS NOT WORKING!

How should I modify it to turn on the diodes?

eltonjohn said:
Ps : all that you need is a signal clipper to trim the input sine sine signal and a schmidt trigger to square up the signal .!

Can you help me on that? You have any relevant circuit? Thank You :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back