Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable Weight Anti Theft Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericjoe

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I am a beginner. I would like to design an anti-theft device, which is small and tracking system.

The key point is the weight system, where if the object is near/close to the owner, the weight system turns to "weight-less". Once the owner goes away from his object more than 10cm, the weight system turns to "heavy" and any intruder tried to carry it will raise the alarm.

So my question is there a material which can vary weight digitally and it should be small as I wish to embed in calculator, laptop etc.

Tell me is it possible to realize such ideas, else any suggestion is welcomed!

what is the unit of weight less and and weight heavy.... you should use a ultrasonic sensor to find the distance between onject and the user.. if user is away it gives you output which you need to consider s weigth heavy and viceversa..
but i dont think it is feasible as the weight less and heavy is difficult to detect ... and you did not mention about the how to do it and theory behind it..

only draw back of ultrasonic is it cannot detect difference between owner and thief..

You could use an accelerometer to detect movement and any kind of short range transmitter on the owner for a proximity detector.

Hi,

I think use of RFID will be usefull for this kind of devices. Only thing required is the owner has to lock before the going away from the device. Once it is locked then rest is straight forward.

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back