Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reading saif file in synopsys DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamdouh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
on reading a saif file in synopsys dc a time unit is set the question is this unit is set for which time ?????

the saif file contains (timescale 1ps) shall i make this time unit "ps" as said in the saif file????????

when i made that the dynamic power = 8 uW but the dynamic power before reading the saif file was = 15 mW ..............is that normal a huge diffirence in

dynamic power value before and after annotationg switching activity

plz i am little confused and i need explanation

Hi Mandouh,

I believe timing unit is set in saif based on timing unit specified in the lib.
Power reported after annotation is correct (provided ur annotation is 100% clean). Power reported before annotation is junk number and it is based on tool settings and unrealistic, you can forget about this.

Regards,
Eshwar.

Hi Mamdouh,
I think it's possible to the huge difference which i had encountered before. when you do not read the bsaif to dc(actually Power Compiler), DC will use the default switching activity(maybe different in different version, please refer to it's user guide or search on solvenet) to calculate the power consumption. And just like eshwartt said power report before annotation is unrealistic, you can ignore it.

Regards,
Eric[/quote]

my proplem is when reading saif file when i used

read_saif -input tx.saif -instance_name topFILE -unit ps

the output is 8 uW

and when using

read_saif -input tx.saif -instance_name topFILE -unit ns

the output is 8 mW

i use tsmc90nm design kit and written in the saif file (time scale ps) so can any one plz help me which result is right

I think "read_saif -input tx.saif -instance_name topFILE -unit ps
the output is 8 uW " is right. As eshwartt said, timing unit set in SAIF is based on the timing unit specified in the lib file and verilog mode. And I believe -unit option should be same with the timing unit of SAIF and lib.
pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back