Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Integrated noise and spot noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

calculus_cuthbert

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to understand noise calculations in more detail. For an amplifier operating for a signal frequency in the range of 1MHz to 5 MHz, how should I calculate input referred noise.

Is the spot noise @ (1MHz - 5 MHz) the noise that I should use to calculate the SNR or the integrated noise from (1Hz to 5 MHz) the number I should keep in mind.

Could someone please explain the significance of spot noise and integrated noise and what is important while doing noise simulations and calculations for an amplifier.

Thanks.

calculus_cuthbert said:
Is the spot noise @ (1MHz - 5 MHz) the noise that I should use to calculate the SNR or the integrated noise from (1Hz to 5 MHz) the number I should keep in mind.
This depends on your signal bandwidth: what you want to know is, which disturbance your system's generated noise will exercise on your system's output signal (or: how much lower is the noise power than your signal power) : this is the SNR. I.e. you must compare (divide) the integrated noise power within your signal bandwidth (at the output) with (by) the signal power within the very same bandwidth (at the output, too).

Spot noise figures are related to a specific frequency at a bandwidth of 1Hz, given in units of V/√Hz resp. A/√Hz , s. e.g. **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back