Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to insert resistor into the patch antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaandee

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friend
any one help me...I have attached one paper which has designed using resistor. how can we insert resistor into the triangular patch antenna.

thank you

Put a via grounded SMD resistor at the vertex and take care with the inductance introduced by the SMD component and the via.
BTW while it seems to be a good way to decrease the resonant frequency of the patch, I bet you are going to reduce the radiation efficiency quite a lot...

Hi kaandee,
I think, that a Via-GND-ing isnt the best solution at such frequencies...
Other problematics is the only 0.72mm material thickness.
In my opinion you have basically two possibilites:
1, you apply a small slot on the place of termination & do insert trough PCB manually i.e. 3 smaller smd resistors(minimum 0402, but their dissipation is limited to ca. 70mW per piece)_practically thickfilms, or special Rf types_and solder that both sides.
2, you calculate the longhole/slot at terminating point & do fill it with resistor paste...
Thes way has mor worse tolerances & expensiver...
If the dissipation is a limit_ it exists special termination resitors too; but their costs some more...
K.

Hello,

You can do this with simple steps in AWR Microwave Office (MWO)...
I created Antenna & then aded ports, including a via port & then deembeded in the schematic & also included a resistor I am getting good S11 results & also if I am tuning the resistor ther resonance is shifting...:D

See the attached pictures....:arrow:

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back