Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC to DC converter 1.6V in 1mW out

Status
Not open for further replies.

born4elex

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DC to DC converter

Hi all,
I am making a project in which i am generating a 1.66V from a DC fan by putting it in front of air flow.
now i want to double the voltage. my circuit is consumes very low power about 1mW.
Can anybody suggest me circuit or any logic for the same.

DC to DC converter

Hi,
LT has newly a stepup converter for energy harvesting in wireless sensor applications.
I remember, that it starts from 0,6-0.8V!:)
I would take an astable multivibrator for such KHz + make a voltage doubler, driven from output signal...
K.

Added after 41 minutes:

Search for "zero threshold FETs" from Advanced Linear Devices Inc...
"ALD EPAD Energy Harvesting Modules are completely self-powered, always in the active mode and always ready to harvest energy from sources that generate intermittent energy impulses with varying source impedances. The modules begin operating from 0.0V and operate at zero power to ensure that even the most miniscule energy charges can be captured, stored and used for the application. The zero-power operation of the circuit ensures that very little of the energy is squandered on the module's own operation. The modules are also designed to store and manage the energy for extended periods of time with minimal leakage or loss to supply power to the application when it is most needed."
K.

born4elex

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: DC to DC converter

hi..
thanx for suggestion..i'll search for those converters...

Hi born4elex,
I found it for you in my collection:)
K.

born4elex

Hi karesz,
thank you very much...
I will definitely go through that document....thank you very much

@FvM, thanx for your suggestion,
I found this part from TI's website. Its a good energy harvesting device.

LTC costs at $ 3.-, TPS is (octopart info) only from Arrow & for ca. 6.- $ to order...
K.

Hi,
I found an older Apll. Note from LT with some discret realisations:)...
K.

born4elex

Hallo,
I found a simple (switcher) solution for your problem, it works from 0.8V , is an up converter to 1.9--4.9 V FIX, in 0.1V steps and is very simple to handle, was designed for portable equipments:)
K.

born4elex

Mornung born4elex,

tnx a lot! You are welcome!
Good luck with your circuits!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.