Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spiral antenna simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hfss equation surface cover lines

@abdoula
try my simulation
that's totally working
and i designed it on hfss v10 as you tried.
spiral command works for any 1 or 2 dimension object and it makes that object a spiral. you need an object to make a spiral using spiral command.
and it makes archimedean spiral i had to design equiangular spiral so i used draw>equation based curve and used parameters for it. hope it helps.

log spiral antenna design 1-2 ghz

I would like to know how to read a file .rar under hfss

how to determine polarization hfss

rar is an archive. Use Winrar to open and extract...

antenne spiral hfss

help me......

in my log-spiral antenna design, Z parameter has large real and imaginer, for real about 220 ohm and for imaginer about 200 ohm. but in theory, there isn't imaginer in spiral and real is only about 188.5 ohm.
How to reduce that imaginer and decrease that real?

thx..

antenna simulation hfss

hi...

do you use low-order with lambda ref. in the simulation?

logarithmic spiral antenna impedance

what do you mean about low-order with lambda ref?

do you know how to create balun or matching impedance
for my log-spiral antenna? i have an antenna with approximately 220 + j200 ohm, in frequency range 1.8 - 6 GHz.
in hfss design, i put lump port in center of spiral, between 2 spiral arms.
i want to match it with coaxial 50 ohm.i don't know too how to create
balun or matching impedance in hfss
must i change the port become wave port?because i only use planar log spiral.

spiral ansoft hfss

do you have equations for
4-arms log-spiral antenna or more than 2-arms
log-spiral antenna? because i must simulate and analyze that for
the addition for my final project.

thank you for helping me...
regards

spiral antennas in cst

hi all
any one know that how we could feed a four arms spiral antenna ?

spiral antenna with cst

Spiral antenna simulation is a fascinating topic! I get good results for an equiangular spiral antenna at 10 GHz! Good circular polarization. The simulation did not seem to take as long as often feared: 3hours!
Wyn

How to use matlab to plot then send to HFSS?Thank you for your answers.

it is impossible, you could generate the spiral points and then use these points information in HFSS or in HFSS 10 you could draw by equation

please help me

does somebody have Archimedean spiral antenna examples? I use hfss10.

Thanks

rfmw said:
See my lumped port for the spiral. I couldn't open your hfss file, it reported some strange errors...

one of the arm is suppose to be gnd while one of the arm is the conducting arm right?

from your picture, did you draw the line from the ground to the conducting arm?

rfmw said:
@chamonz,

3D Modeler -> Surface -> Cover Lines is the one, i think. Remember to select all lines closing an area when clicking this command, otherwise it might be grayed out...

i have did it but it cant work

I see a spiral feed as a "differential" port, therefore there is no gnd, as would be normally for i.e. microstrip (that is trace and groundplane). Lumped port does the job very well. The integration line is from one spiral to the other, simple as that. Isn't this obvious from the pictures?

woshiarchie said:
rfmw said:
See my lumped port for the spiral. I couldn't open your hfss file, it reported some strange errors...

one of the arm is suppose to be gnd while one of the arm is the conducting arm right?

from your picture, did you draw the line from the ground to the conducting arm?

Added after 2 minutes:

You must be doing something wrong. Let us see your structure. Is it in a plane? I just tested it again. It works only if your lines are a single object. If you're trying to cover lines where two or more lines are selected it doesn't work.

siwowox de santos said:
rfmw said:
@chamonz,

3D Modeler -> Surface -> Cover Lines is the one, i think. Remember to select all lines closing an area when clicking this command, otherwise it might be grayed out...

i have did it but it cant work

rfmw said:
I see a spiral feed as a "differential" port, therefore there is no gnd, as would be normally for i.e. microstrip (that is trace and groundplane). Lumped port does the job very well. The integration line is from one spiral to the other, simple as that. Isn't this obvious from the pictures?

thankyou. I shall untick the infinte ground for my the other arm.

cheers

hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me.I am building a square spiral microstrip antenna operating in the 1-3GHz bandwidth.i have simulated multiple versions in CST but all my results for the s-parameters are wrong.i have looked everywhere but cant seem to find any help especially on how to come up with dimensions so i just made some up...maybe that might be the problem...please any help would be appreciated thanks in advance..

hi all, if there is some one can help me, I need example in HFSS to design Double ridge Horn Antenne,

thank you, I have known how to simulate this kind of antenna

Hi,

First, im a new user in hfss. Cos my graduation project is planar spiral antenna in wideband.

In HFSS, the " spiral " button can't open. When i tried to open it in the " draw menu" it didnt open too. Why is it and what can i do?

Thanks a lot also...

I found it already. But now i want to ask how can i feed it for simulate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back