Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spiral antenna simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickchen

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss spiral antenna

Dear all, i am trying to run a simulation of a 2 arm spiral antenna in HFSS v9.1, however an error message always appear when i try to analyze, it says something wrong with initial mesh, can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem? deeply appreciate your help!

hfss antenna simulation

Can u give me your file so that I can check the mesh?
I use HFSS 9, CST, Ensemble codes so I can try to understand the error.

Best regards
Lupin

spiral antenna hfss

thanks a lot lupin :)
we have solved the problem somehow yesterday, seems like only lumped port can be used as an excitation in this case, and guess not many ppl simulate spiral antenna in HFSS so cant really get much reference, thanks alot for your offer for help!

hfss spiral

can you send me this hfss file about two_arm spiral? i try to simulate this kind of antenna in matlab6.1,but i cann't find how to expree the current,so i wish to use hfss9 to complete this work,can you help me?

spiral antenna design hfss

ur email? cant send u one if dun have it.

printed spiral antenna in hfss

Just a couple of questions:
how much is the Crosspolarization level and Gain for Archimede's spiral antenna? Is it better than the standard patch antenna?

I'm new in this topic, do u have some stuff about it?

Thanks in advance
Lupin

spiral thz antenna hfss

Hello!
I have just found this forum. I am very interested in Spirals simulations under HFSS 9.1 (I'm using 9.2, but I think there is no significant difference)
I'm having problems with ports and the spiral shape. Now I'm trying with square shapes as I've been having problems common spiral shapes.

Could you please helpme somehow? My email is pikapikachu@gmail.com.

hfss model of spiral antenna

can u send me the spiral files .. i v been tryin hard in hfss 9.2 but it doesnt work even with lumped port some initial mesh error .. my email is safwatirteza@gmail.com

equiangular spiral antenna

Does any body has a mannual for HFSS 10.1? Thanks in advance if you could help out.

spiral hfss

Since when is there a v10.1 ? I thoght 10.0 is the latest.

Do you have the onlinehelp.pdf from ansoft? Its not for Dummies, but has everything in it. Also the Tutorials are usually good. You can download all from ansoft.com.

spirale 2d con autocad 2004

Please, do you know how to find the Cross-Polarization level after HFSS finishes simulation ?

Thank you VERY MUCH friend and experts.

spiral antenna

you should go to radiation in left box/ then right click and define the infinite sphere in Insert far field ... then click right on the results and calculate the antenna propertis! after OK! hfss compute the RHCP and LHCP of your simulated antenna

hfss polarization

Unfortunately, this doesn't replicate the exact situation in an anechoic chamber where the receive antenna is rotated 360 horizontally and the transmit is fix.

What I means is: Maybe I'll figure it out in the near future but for now, the radiation pattern given by HFSS is not following the same trend as measurment results, when I put the 2 antenna's linear polarizations at 90 degrees.

hfss antenna simulations

Hi, can you send me a spiral antenna file. I used a HFSS10. I am interesting for this type antenna and I will simulate a spiral antenna in the 2-4GHz band. But I do not know which type of excitation I must use. My address mail is bouchouicha_dhaou@yahoo.fr

hfss simulation antenna

hi bouchouicha

you can use both wave port and lumped port ecxitation. bu you should know that if you use coaxial cable for excitation you should use waveport
and if you use microstrip line sor excitation, the excitation port must be lumped port.
for more information go to this link:

spiral in hfss:

and

how to excite:

antenna file download

Hi......
i wnt to design spiral antenna in the 1.5 - 7 GHz band. i had use matlab 7.1 to design this spiral, but to get parameters such as impedance, radiation pattern and bandwith, i still confuse. matlab can't measure that parameters because i didn't have equations for that.

can hfss v9 or ie3d measure spiral parameters? can all of you help me to find that parameters? or somebody help me to send a spiral antenna file. i need that for my final paper.
My email is glum_bumble@yahoo.com

thx.............

Added after 9 minutes:

hi.....

i want to ask all of you how to simulate spiral antenna with hfss? can i get impedance, bandwidth and radiation pattern from that?
i hope all of you can help me to finish my final paper.
my email address is glum_bumble@yahoo.com

thank you very much......

printed spiral antenna in hfss

hi chamonz

go to these links:

in hfss you can measure all the antenna parameters such as: radiation pattern, VSWR, S Parameters, Polarization and so on!

hfss spiral antenna tutorial

I am using HFSS10, too. Could you please send me one? I am curious about the antenna feeding in HFSS.

bouchouicha said:
Hi, can you send me a spiral antenna file. I used a HFSS10. I am interesting for this type antenna and I will simulate a spiral antenna in the 2-4GHz band. But I do not know which type of excitation I must use. My address mail is bouchouicha_dhaou(at)yahoo.fr

spiral antennas

Hi....

i had tried hfss v9 to design logarithmic spiral antenna, but when i opened hfss design,
in menu items Draw > Spiral cannot be opened. so i didn't know how to design it again.
can somebody help me to give me steps to design spiral in hfss?
do you have tutorials about design of log-spiral using hfss?
my email is glum_bumble@yahoo.com

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back