Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spiral antenna simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
am loopstick antenna+hfss simulation

I have seen a number of discussions on simulating and designing various spiral antennas and added comments to several threads. I will be brief here.

Corzine and Mosko have a useful book on the basis for a wide range of spirals.

In simulations I would incorporate both the antenna and feed/balun into a HFSS simulation. The potential problem is that the problem size can grow quickly and stress the computer capacity. One way to ease the problem is to only work on a portion of the frequency band at a time. I prefer to use wave ports in my simulations when I can.

spiral antenna hfss pdf

hello everyone,
i'm interested in designing a spiral in HFSS too.. can someone pass on the design you have made (the .hfss file), or the reference material you got for making it? did you use the draw equation based curve function in HFSS 10 or did you use scripting??

regards,
wiztronix

simulation + hfss + antenna

Hi all,

by the way, is your spiral a planar design or its a volume? If its planar, you can do by drawing the spiral in autocad then import then dwg or dxf file to simulate. I have only tried simulating planar spiral, it takes hell lot of time and resources. So beware

spiral antenna design with hfss

can any one help me to download this programs
HFSS
CST microwave studio
plz send links or reply
plz

hfss draw spiral port

hi mahojazz, can you mail me your planar spiral or sinuous design in HFSS as well as autocad files?
wiztronix@gmail.com is my mail id.

regards,
wiztronix

log spiral antenna

hi...

when i created log spiral in hfss, i can't get its 2D shape because i made one-arm first , and then the other arm.
but when i want to combine them, 2D shape wasn't got. so should i create spiral in single step? or does anyone know how to combine 4 line become one spiral and get 2D shape?

thx

antenna simulation +hfss

"or does anyone know how to combine 4 line become one spiral and get 2D shape?"

exactly, there is a command that enables you to make an area from lines closing an area (all lines touching each other)

thz spiral antenna hfss

hi rfmw....
which command that you suggest me to make an area from lines closing an area? (all lines touching each other)
sorry because i'm new in this software

spiral antenna surface wave

Has anyone managed to simulate a spiral antenna below 30 MHz using HFSS?

antenna simulation in hfss

@chamonz,

3D Modeler -> Surface -> Cover Lines is the one, i think. Remember to select all lines closing an area when clicking this command, otherwise it might be grayed out...

archimedean spiral antenna

hi rfmw...

i have tried my log spiral in hfss, can u help me to find my fault in that design? because i can't put the port in my design. here is my spiral.rar

thx for your help

spiral in hfss

you should use the lumped port as shown in hfss help

whip antenna simulation hfss

i had tried to put lumped port between my two arm spiral, but it can't be done because it said "To put lumped port, faces should be lying on the same plane." i don't know what's the meaning of that :? Do you know? may be you can help me :D

simulation in ansoft hfss antenna

See my lumped port for the spiral. I couldn't open your hfss file, it reported some strange errors...

matlab hfss spiral

has anyone checked the efficiency of these antennas?

to my opinion, these elements behave more like as
energy storage units rather than antennas...obviously
they do resonate, but how much of their input energy
travels in the open space?:?:

hfss script example for spiral antenna

here is one of my equiangular spiral antenna examples it's working
they are all made for my undergraduate finishing project
is there a company to hire me :):):)

hfss simulation antenna design

hi anyone...

when i simulated my spiral, i haven't got right radiation pattern. in my polar radiation pattern, i only got pattern like circle/spot and it didn't in the x, y or z axis.
and in my vswr, i only got spot too, not likes curve frequency.
can u all tell me why are they happened?

chamber in hfss

Hi all...

i'd created log spiral design. when i run it, i'd got some weird results.
for examples: in radiation pattern, 3D polar plot and 3D rectangular plot.
can u tell me why is it happened and how to get right results?
please...please help me.....

these are my results of my log spiral design........

spiral antenna designing+hfss

hi chamoz
upload the file , i create for you the right results!
regards

simulation of antenna with hfss

hi vickchen
can you send me this hfss file about tow_arm spiral? try to simulate this kind of antenna in cst 2006B

Added after 1 hours 10 minutes:

i had tried hfss v10 to design logarithmic spiral antenna, but when i opened hfss design,
in menu items Draw > Spiral cannot be opened. so i didn't know how to design it again.
can somebody help me to give me steps to design spiral in hfss?
do you have tutorials about design of log-spiral using hfss?
my email is abdhaw@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back