Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

One Hold Violation - how to trace violation path, remove it

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitendravlsi

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
One Hold Violation

Hi all,

I am facing just one hold violation in my design after post CTS optimization in SOC Encounter which was 20 prior to optimization run.

Can anybody tell me how to trace this violating path and how to remove this single violation using command prompt.

I tried it by changing the target slack value for hold from default 0.0 to 1.0 but no improvement in reducing this hold violation.

Re: One Hold Violation

My 2 cents!

How about running optimization with verbose to see why this path is not fixed? Will fixing this path for hold, cause a setup violation?

Is there landing area around this path for a cell to be inserted? If there are any kind of padding, could you remove it and try?

How is the utilization of the design? you might want to change the utilization to accomodate a cell, if not

How about manual fixing by introducing a buffer through ECO?

Hope this helps!!!!!

One Hold Violation

Hello friend,

If its one violation, just take the post optimized netlist to PT and run eco_fix_violations.tcl to fix the socalled violation.

Tht script will resize the cells by hitting the correct cell and fixes the violation.

(OR)
In SOCT, u can trace the violated path in GUI. Just trace it and place manually the required cell to the optimal location to avoid the violation.

We found positive results with both the above solutions during our recent project.

Any further queries pls. ask.

Regards,
Sunil Budumuru
asic-dft.com

Re: One Hold Violation

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I had to iterate the design from RC extraction to Hold time optimization with target Setup slack value 5.0 & target Hold slack value 0.0.
Please correct me if I'm wrong in my approach to remove hold violation paths.

Thanks All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back