Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R extraction in Diva Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_IC

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
diva cadence

Hello!

I have extracted res from a layout of opamp in order to check input offset voltage with DC. But the number of res is 550,000! And simulation time is very long. How can I solve the problem?

Tnx

cadence diva

Hi,

Normally Spice simulators support R reduction, the algorithm constructed in such way that u won't loose much accuracy
so here is the flow
1. do simulation without R reduction, keep this results as golden ref.
2. do simulaiton with R reduction, compare it with golden calc. difference.
3. increase reduction and do simulation, compare it again.
iterate until u get better tradeoff between performance & accuracy
Use u r settings as reference for future designs.
try to keep u r results with reduction under 10% difference with golden ref.

By th way which tool r u using?

Thanks,

r. extraction

I'am using Cadence Virtuoso Custom IC design platform. May be I have so much parasitic R because of multiple sub connection. And I'd like to copy the layout of the opamp and remove sub connections and use the layout for extraction of R and simulation.

diva parasitic

As per my understanding - Cadence Diva parasitic extraction is less accurate compared to Cadence QRC/RCX. Use the later - you have several smarted ways to control r-reduction, removal of dangling R, and even finer control on fracture-length, and fracturing algorithm is conscious about width changes along the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back