Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Precaution for trace from Connector to Filter (input uP pin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkbs

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About analog noise

Hi to all,
about wiring to analog input uP pin,I put the filter (R-C) close to uP pin ( like described on Datasheet ), but what kind of precaution I have to do with trace from Connector to Filter ?
uP <--FilterRC-------<-------<------ Trace > 100 mm ------------<---------<-----| Connector |

Isn't there noise that can spread over the board ??
uP <--FilterRC-------<--Noise-----<------ Trace > 100 mm ------------<----Noise-----<-----| Connector |

Many Tanks
MBKS :eek:

Re: About analog noise

If you have 10 or 12 bit ADC in your uP, don't bother about the noise. The RC filter is enough.
If you have 16 or more bits resolution..... you have to look in the book about grounding

Re: About analog noise

To keep the signal noise free, you should run the signal between two ground lines to avoid any crosstalk from the adjucent pcb tracks. Also if you passed the signal through a ferriete bid on entering the card this will help also to receive a good signal to the up I/P. If you need another help ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back