Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCS, NC-Verilog and Modelsim, which is the best simulator??

VCS, NC-Verilog and Modelsim, which is the best simulator??

• VCS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NC-Verilog/NC-VHDL/NC-Sim

• Modelsim

• Others

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

always@smart

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vcs simulation speed

Hi all,

I open this topic for us to discuss the 3 most popular HDL simulator in the market. I hope everyone here could share your opinion.

I personally prefer VCS, because it is very efficient and lot of features there. But the cost is expensive compare to others.

Probably there are some other verification tools which are powerful but not popular, so please comment them also .

regards,

always@smart.

best simulator

I select the NC_verilog.

best version of modelsim

I also select the NC_verilog.

simulation tools ncv

I will select NC_Verilog the best one simulator

vcs nc

both nc-verilog and vcs are better simulator in both rtl and gate level than modelsim. in vcs, u got switches to play with whereas nc-verilog is pretty straight forwards to run.

i would take nc-verilog for the ease of use given that the performance of both vcs and nc-verilog is not much of a diff.

nc-verilog cost

in mixed vhdl & vlog simulation case, u will see modelsim is a little faster than cadence counterpart, but i myself prefer LDV's interface.

about vcs: though i have heared it is the fastest simulator, i have not any idea since i have not tested it!

BEST!

vcs ncverilog

hi,all
can anyone tell me why Nc is the best ,speed? performance? easy to use?

ncv simulation

NC_verilog is very good. I think it is very fast.

simulation speed nc verilog

i feel vcs 's gui is too simple, not as powerful as
nc-verilog.
i select nc-verilog.

mentor modelsim vs vcs speed

ms for model, nc for chip.

nc-verilog gate sim

Hi all,

In my opinion, for the small design (less then 10k) that in the RTL code simulation, you could not see much different from the simulation tools.

However for the large design that in the gate-level simulation, NC-verilog and VCS are fast enough to simulate the result, but Modelsim is quite slow. There is one good thing by using Modelsim which is it can run mix-hdl, but I do not care, since i'm only using verilog for most of my design.

Regards,

always_smart

vcs modelsim comparison

Modelsim is the No. 1 in terms of market share. I'm quite satisfied with it. For simulator, the speed is only one factor.

IMHO, How well it can help us to find and solve the bugs is the most important feature. Modelsim is quite good at this. It provides facitilities to help you to trace the source of 'X'. And it can also extract informaiton from your source code and display the structure of your design. And lots more.

Can the guys select VCS or NC share more related feature on this? I guess this would be more helpful.

profiling in ncverilog

i think NC_verilog is better, using it with Debussy is best. :wink:

nc verilog vcs performance

I think both VCS and NC-verilog/verilog-xl are good. Those tools can correctly deal with verilog simulation, I had met that some sentences can pass with modelsim, fail with verilog-xl. which sentence have some bugs.

cost of ncverilog

I'm a (mostly) VHDL guy. I use NC-VHDL at work and Modelsim at home, and am happy using either.

When I have to do mixed simulations it's easier to perform these in Modelsim.

In terms of simulation speed NC-VHDL has the edge.

best verilog simulator ncverilog

Did the nc-verilog & Verilog-XL be run on

Redhat 9 ???

ncverilog best verilog simulator

verilo-XL is a verilog interpretor as nc-verilog and vcs are c compiled simulators and run a lot faster. between nc-verilog and vcs, I pick vcs because it is so much easier to work with and has integrated waveform view/analysis environment (virsim) which makes debugging a pleasure.

always @(*) ncverilog

I use modelsim most of the time. But i realized the bottleneck of modelsim reached once the system clock raised up to 50MHz of design. I am looking for vcs for my solution.

rtl coverage in ncverilog

I think
for RTL simulation, ModelSim is the best.
but for gate lever simulation, NC_verilog is a better choise.

what is vcs rtl simulator?

I am try NC-Verilog 5.0 and VCS 7.01
VCS is fast then NC-Verilog 10% (RTL Simulation)
VCS is fast then NC-Verilog 8% (Gate Simulation 100K gate Count)
but if using gui interface ,I don't using NC-Verilog or VCS ,I select debussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back