Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I correctly design a CIC decimator filter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordFish

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CIC decimator filter

How can I correctly design a CIC decimator filter
CIC= Cascade of integrators

My decimation factor is 32
how can I find more detail about this ??
my input is 1bit length and output data must be 16 bit.

please help...

Re: CIC decimator filter

There is a good tutorial on this topic written by Metthew Donaddio of
comp.dsp newsgroup
It is available on www.dspguru.org

CIC decimator filter

Hi all, Im new to DSP and filter.
May I know what is the theory between the CIC decimator stages N and the decimator factor R?
As I know from UMBaese text book, the integrator = 1/(1-Z^-1), Comb = (1-Z^RD), after they combined will becomes multistage CIC filter F(z) = [(1-Z^-RD)/(1-Z^-1)]^N, from this can see that they are separately construct , is that correct?
Can I just keep the same stages and just change the decimator factor R to what I want?:D or R=3, stages N must be 3, or R=10, stages also must be 10?

Re: CIC decimator filter

Doesn't the quoted expression clarify, that decimation factor R*D and CIC order S (or N) are independant parameters? U.Meyer-Baeses
description of pruning theory is possibly not sufficient to understand it completely, you may want to read Hogenauers original paper
for reference, but he's absolutely clear about basic CIC operation, I think. The block diagrams answer your first question as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back