Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synthesis problem on Design Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel_on_on

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
design compiler synthesis

when synthesis , I write design into mydesign.v

compile -scan

But I found lots of scan enable of scan D-flip-flop were connected to 1'b0,
Anyone can tell me how to solve it ?

There are lot of reasons for connecting to logic zero. If you can share your DC script, we can analyze.

one reason i could think about it is your settings .

If you are setting set_auto_disable_drc_nets -constant to false (the default
is true), DC adds tie off cells . If you set the variable to false before your initial compile -scan, then Design Compiler connects the scan enable pin of every scan flop to a zero..

Best of luck..

Regards,
Sam

Hi,

when you use the compile -scan in the synthesis the ordenary flops where converted to the scan flops inorder to not to chage the functional behaviour of u r design the SCAN_ENABLE pin of SCAN FLOPS wher connetced to the 1'b0.which will enable u r d pin to go onto the Q when u apply the clk.after the scan sticth was over the SCAN_ENABLE pins of these flops will be connected to the scan_enable net of the design.

regards,
ramesh.s

I think compile -scan , just to change DFF to scan-DFF, it doesn't insert scan chain, so scan-dff connect to 1'b0. you should use other command to insert scan chain.

i think during synthesis step it just replaces every FF with Scan FF and scan enable is tied to '0'. During DFT,i .e with insert_dft it stiches all scan FF and now scan enable can be controlled from toplevel input.

compile -scan as said is just a dft preveiw command. Its not a final command for inserting scan chains. It replaces the FFs with scan FFs to be able to do a more accurate timing. It is to consider the impact of those FFs on timing.
It is usually followed by 'insert_scan'/'insert_dft' command to complete the mapping or 'scan_enables'.
Kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com

As many people mentioned, compile -scan will just replace Flip flops in design with scan flops. Scan_enable is connected to 1'b0 to make sure that functionality is not affected. Also Scan_in is connected to output pins Q of same flop.
While Scan stitching scan_enable is connected to actual scan_enable pins and Scan_in is connected to Q of some other flop in chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back