Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] negative miller capacitance in OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhaned

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what does the negative mean in OTA? and how can i to explain it ?

thank you

All transistors have Miller capacitance which is from the inverting output to the input. In a differential amp , by adding caps by cross over ( From + out to + in and -out to -in ) from internal differential outputs, it tends to cancel the negative feedback with a lesser positive feedback with non inverting current or negative Miller Effect .

When done right, with very low connection ESR you get extended bandwidth and it remains stable.

thank you for reply
you mean that i have to connect the output and input capacitor(miller capacitor) opposite input and output of OTA

thank you for reply
you mean that i have to connect the output and input capacitor(miller capacitor) opposite input and output of OTA

You are advised to apply this principle inside a differential output OTA, due to parasitic effects of layout and likely instabilities otherwise neglected.

Do you understand Negative Miller Effect is positive feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.