Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

working of the ftdi chip for usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshthakare2

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all

I have use vinculum usb device(ftdi chip). I have test all commands all are working but problem with only writing in the file. I have open file for writing by command"opw filename", then for use "wrf size in bytes"(wrf 10 (enter)) then write some data but its not working my usb device become hang.if anyone had solution for write in the file or how i use the sequence of the command for writing the file please told me.I have attached datasheet of FTDI chip which is used to for the communication with the usb(pendrive)devices(UM_VinculumFirmware_V205).View attachment UM_VinculumFirmware_V205.pdf

thanks
nilesh

i too face the same problem. Pls let me know if ur problem is rectified.

have you tried with another USB pendrive??

how much current do you have at 5v for the vinculum???

i remember having this problem, but it was, or the pendrive doesn't have enought current so the 5V drops and it hangs, or the pendrive FAT is corrupted... maybe if you run a scandisk or checkdsk on the drive, or test with a clean pendrive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back