Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which PCB package to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessex

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have a choice between Easy Pc and Cadstar Lite,

please can anyone recommend which one has the edge, so to speak

thanks

( I appreciate there is substantial cost difference )

I have never worked with Easy Pc or Cadstar Lite but I can say the following of Zuken Cadstar.

I hated it!!

It contains everything that you need but I found it a real pain to learn and then a slightly less pain to work with. Everything was not straight forward enough and it had a lot of small little quirks which is only fine after you know about them.
It is an extremely capable design suite but for the autorouter I would most definitely still prefer Spectra.

hi,

for user friendly you can use eagle. for professional you can use orcad, pspice, & protel

hi

thats interesting, your thoughts on Zuken,

just think at £2500 for the lite version, ( which includes the bolt on IDF, 3D feature. Why not make that part of the core program, as many others do ), seems a lot of dosh, when others seem far more price competitive,

anyone used Design Spark for complex designs ? ( am using at mo, for fairly basic stuff )

YAWN YAWN YAWN
Any of you lot ever used the main PCB packages in the real world (Mentor, Cadence Zuken).
MODERATORS please delete these. threads cos they are getting boring.
At the end of the day you have to realy learn all the professional systems, non can be picked up in a week or a month...............

I will of course be ignoring, tuning out, the last post, and not descending to that level,

I have used Cadstar, and have demo version of Easy PC,

thanks for positive opinions, that was all I was looking for, others opinions on their experiences,

the whole essence of any forum. And yes, questions will of course get repeated.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Marce to a large extent. I left this thread here as it seemed to be asking for a straight choice of two packages but instead we get people who have used neither suggesting a totally different package. Everyone else then jumps in with "I use xxxx" which is totally pointless. See the sticky here:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/18145/

thread closed.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back