Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which company has the best EMC analyzer product

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfury

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
emc-analyzer

I want to know which company has the best EMC analyzer product
Either Rhode& Schwarz or Agilent.
Upto my knowledge R&S is expensive. But does anyone know why is it expensive?
what makes it better than Agilent? Or they are asking money for nothing?
My focus is on EMI test receivers upto 26 GHz range.
Regards
:D

r&s esu26

Is almost no price difference between them. Both are very expensive.
There is an old criteria (but still valid today) that does differentiate the analyzers made by these two companies.
R&S analyzers have better Noise Floor in a specific RBW (resulting better dynamic range), but Agilent (or HP) have better Phase Noise of the internal oscillators (and all the benefits resulting from this performance).
Depending by application you can choose one or another

emc analyzer

Thank you for your kind reply.

When I got a quotation for an R&S ESU26 its almost double in price to the Agilent E7405A . Please can you explain the difference ?

Check this link for aglient pricing and specs.. I am talking about the typically configured price
http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/product.jspx?nid=-35193.536880469.00&cc=US&lc=eng.

Secondly may i know how do you have the experience in this regard? just for info

Regards

Re: EMC Analyzer

The new price list surprises me. I remember the old ESIB series from R&S and their counterpart from Agilent (at that time) has almost the same price.
But you see, during this slow down some companies adjusting their prices up or down.
Anyway, the ESU26 looks very loaded with stuff that probably you never use it.

Re: EMC Analyzer

Well might be but how about the time domain builtin analyzer and builtin preamp
these are good things. what operations do you think are redundant considering EMC analysis requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back