Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

best 45 degree RF bend

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have designed a coupler 32-38Ghz however i need to bend the legs in an optimal way.
My bend is 45 degrees. Is there a logic i could use to find the optimal distance of the bended leg an the coupler?
maybe the the legs input leg has some logic too i need to use?
Thanks.
1706340711578.png

1706340739750.png

Hello Volker, i saw a much improvement when i have shortened the distance of the bend to the coupler.
The smith charts before an after show it clearly.
What could cause this?
Thanks.

1706346826805.png

1706346916561.png

1706346959514.png

It is possible that some parasitics compensate, depending on phase offset. It is also possible that your feed line impedance is not exactly 50 Ohm.

But why don't you follow the microwave design rules that work well for everyone since 50 years? You always ask very basic stuff that is known for very long time.

Hello Volker, i think there is another thing I remmember.Where the distance of the bend from the coupler has some resonance logic.
it needs to me multiple of quarter wavelength.
Is this sound familiar to some theory maybe?
Thanks.

Optimize the right thing, don't try to hide one issue with another. Your Smith chart shows that your S11 impedance is too inductive, for whatever reason.

Distance matters if the bend itself is not matched well, or if the line is not matched well.

Hello Volker,Yes i know that for a resonance we need the inductive part be equal to the capacitive part .
Could you please recommend me a manual to see how in my situation I can increase the capacitive part?
Thanks.

1706424281382.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back