Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which book is better? Gray or Grebene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gray's is better.His book presents you a through
and comprehensive description of most fundamental but important aspects of analog cicuit.Enjoy it.

How about Allan Houg?
Many school use it as text book!

Both are good books gray is more ic design and grebene is more to microwave design.

absorb both of their's thinking,for your practice is important.

Gray and meyer is the better book out of the two

I think Thomas Lee's book has been deleted from this forum. Anyone knows the reason?

Gray, the classical book,undoubtedly

it is too large, about 100M, mcu has it.

micel99 said:
I think Thomas Lee's book has been deleted from this forum. Anyone knows the reason?

grebene is not microwave - haha!

maybe i will be the only one to think this but gray & meyer is very good for sitting in a classroom and designing on paper.

unfortunately, all my designs have to be implemented in silicon so 500 pages of theory reminds me of the good old days in undergrad.

eco - i like grebene's book for bipolar. probably the best bipolar book i have. for CMOS- g&m is OK, as well as johns & martin. it may be better to start with grebene because it's easier & more fun to read. g&m is a good reference book, but it is severly BORING to try to learn from.

electronrancher said:
grebene is not microwave - haha!

maybe i will be the only one to think this but gray & meyer is very good for sitting in a classroom and designing on paper.

unfortunately, all my designs have to be implemented in silicon so 500 pages of theory reminds me of the good old days in undergrad.

eco - i like grebene's book for bipolar. probably the best bipolar book i have. for CMOS- g&m is OK, as well as johns & martin. it may be better to start with grebene because it's easier & more fun to read. g&m is a good reference book, but it is severly BORING to try to learn from.

Anything special in johns & Martins' book?

i think design of analog cmos integrated circuits,by Behad Razavi,is very good.you can learn analog cmos design clearly and efficiently.

razavi's is a good introduction book for analog ic design

a book from Ken matin is not bad

I also think Gray's book is better.
But i think Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits, Razavi
is easy for reading.

to learn analog design

as i think , u should read them all .
and remmber as much as u practice design u will gain a deep understanding
which is required to be good analog designer

i hope this can help

khouly

I think Gray's is better. But you can just see basic circuit in Gray's book, for more complicated circuit you can see razavi's book.

Does anyone have a list of all the good analog IC books available on the market? Let's list them all out and we'll start a poll on another thread to see which is the most popular.

My favorite list so far:

1. Gray et al, Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits
2. Razavi, Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits
3. Allen & Holberg, CMOS Analog Circuit Design

Please add to the list.....

1. Razavi's book has a good introduction about the layout of CMOS circuits for beginniers.
2. Thomas Lee's book can be downloaded from h**p://www.mcu.cz/atm/

Why you do not choose the book "CMOS Circuit design,Layout and Simulation" of Jacob Baker.

It is full for analog IC design from design to layout IC. You also use LAZI sofware(free) to practice.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back