Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What process technology is the ATF55143?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatefast08

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What process technology is the ATF55143? I noticed a lot of papers will describe the type of process technology being used for their design, for example 0.25um, 130nm process technology for the type of transistor being used in an LNA, MIXER, Oscillator design. What process technology would be the ATF55143 transistor?

The datasheet tells it has 400 µ gate width.

Generally, I guess you find the requested information in scientific papers. An industrial manufacturer isn't necessarily motivated to tell you process details, unless they matter for product specification.

What process technology is the ATF55143? I noticed a lot of papers will describe the type of process technology being used for their design, for example 0.25um, 130nm process technology for the type of transistor being used in an LNA, MIXER, Oscillator design. What process technology would be the ATF55143 transistor?
The ATF55143 is a GaAs MESFET. So you can't implement one in any standard CMOS process. The datasheet says that its gate width is 400um, if that helps...

The figure at page 16 of the datasheet tells you what process the LNA use.

Attachments

• ATF.jpg
    ATF.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 110

The figure at page 16 of the datasheet tells you what process the LNA use.

Although the device model utilized the MESFET library component, the pg 1 of the datasheet mentioned "enhancement PHEMT", not once but thrice. I think the reason behind the choice was that the ADS of that era (early 2000) didn't have a PHEMT component. However, earlier devices from this manufacturer were indeed MESFETs (below).
ATF-1x series 0.25 um MESFET
ATF-2x series 0.25 um MESFET
From 1999 onward, depletion PHEMT was introduced, ATF-3x series. This was followed by enhancement PHEMT, ATF-5x series in 2002.
The OP asked what the gate length is. The answer can be found in the paper linked in my previous post.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back