Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What ports are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmenot007

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
20151105_105058.jpg20151105_105019_001.jpg20151105_104941.jpg20151105_104956.jpg20151105_105038.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Wow, those look like those really nifty anti-gravity modules! If you mount them on your shoes you'll be able to walk on the ceiling. :laugh:

Actually the one with the USB connector is probably a converter for changing USB 5V to a 5V plug power, which is then used with the other items to connect to some proprietary connectors. Those connectors though don't look familiar, The flat ones on the right look sort of like cheap imitations of the Apple connector on their "iProducts".

You have several coaxial power plugs. Do they fit into the larger cylinder?

The larger cylinder goes to a gray box which goes to a usb plug.

It looks to me like a mix-n-match kit of assorted cellphone/smartphone charging connectors.

You also forgot to mention they also have anti-gravity properties ;-)

Reminds me of the adapters that come with a Universal Laptop charger coaxial plugs with a multi-wire interface. One of the wires to the SMPS charger was voltage sense and Gnd sense to regulate voltage at point of entry for loss in the wires.(remote sense) I modified the cable so I could adjust the output of the 19.2V 65W supply with pot, caps, fixed Rs and then had a handy LED dimmer from ~12 to 30V ( as much as 50V but may damage internal caps) which I could use for 50Watts of LED arrays where I had Red turn on 1st at lower string voltage then Orange then WHite.. which was brighter from ceiling than sunlight so I could simulate sunset in a bay window. (Which I previously showed in my Avatar.)

So look for Universal Laptop chargers at Walmart with 5 or 6 wire ribbons to charger and coaxial output plugs and you can do the same. The Vref appeared to be 2.5V and you just change feedback ratio in between outputs.

Cheap and dirty variable Lab SMPS ! with coaxial output or hardwired....as in my case.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.