Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is main difference between these PSU

Giorgi3

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i should buy it from china laptop power supplies these are 3 Grades GRADE AA GRADE A and STANDARD im interested what is main difference between these grades
here is photos of power supplies
im not electrican, please exmplain in my language which i should buy there are differences in price

AA-A-Standard.PNG

Capture.PNG

I think this a mostly a marketing ploy, the actual difference will be almost zero.
The standard one on the left has a small 68uF reservoir capacitor, the middle one has a larger 68uF capacitor and the 'AA' on the right has a 100uF capacitor, I can't see any other differences. As these components are before the regulation system their values would make little difference.

Brian.

I think this a mostly a marketing ploy, the actual difference will be almost zero.
The standard one on the left has a small 68uF reservoir capacitor, the middle one has a larger 68uF capacitor and the 'AA' on the right has a 100uF capacitor, I can't see any other differences. As these components are before the regulation system their values would make little difference.

Brian.
Thank you so much for reply

Left is AA grade Right Standard there was 0.5$ difference in price
diller says AA was better quality
on pictures AA have more parts on board than left
what difference they give ?
they defend laptop from damage if power supply was damaged ?

Hi,
what difference they give ?
they defend laptop from damage if power supply was damaged ?

they differ just in the primary (input) circuit.

The difference may be
* HF noise filtering to grid (bot directions)
* improving power factor.

The modifications have almost zero effect on output voltage, nor on laptop protection.

Klaus

Hi,

they differ just in the primary (input) circuit.

The difference may be
* HF noise filtering to grid (bot directions)
* improving power factor.

The modifications have almost zero effect on output voltage, nor on laptop protection.

Klaus

Thank you so much <3 how can they harm laptop, if they will broke or bad?

They will be as reliable and safe as any other power supply. If you are using one of these to power your laptop make sure the voltage is correct and check whether your laptop needs an extra output to recharge the battery. Some laptops have the charger built in, some need a second output from the power supply .

Brian.

They will be as reliable and safe as any other power supply. If you are using one of these to power your laptop make sure the voltage is correct and check whether your laptop needs an extra output to recharge the battery. Some laptops have the charger built in, some need a second output from the power supply .

Brian.
thanks, i was choosing them for customers i want buy 300-500pc and sell it

Thank you so much <3 how can they harm laptop, if they will broke or bad?
Who or where does it say they will harm the laptop?
We did never discuss about broke or bad parts before.

I did not say so. And I even can´t confirm this statement. Neither they will harm nor that they will not.

Klaus

Who or where does it say they will harm the laptop?
We did never discuss about broke or bad parts before.

I did not say so. And I even can´t confirm this statement. Neither they will harm nor that they will not.

Klaus
no you not say that. i just asking can they harm laptop ?

medical grade has better insulation filtering , leakage, maybe? lower CM noise, with CM choke added to input. (get this)

Read #10 again. There is a difference if you prefer medical standards for leakage current to earth gnd when you have damp feet or sensitive electrodes on and lower EMI using the CM choke and X caps.

Compliance to UL60601-1 & TUV EN60601-1 medical standards is the difference.

Why do you want to buy these? Will you install them in a protected place since it is open-frame and has exposed high voltages.

However since Laptop chargers are usually 19V and enclosed , they tend to run hotter but for shorter periods than closed frame supplies which can be more reliable. Heat reduces lifetime.

1706808489107.png

Last edited:
Read #10 again. There is a difference if you prefer medical standards for leakage current to earth gnd when you have damp feet or sensitive electrodes on and lower EMI using the CM choke and X caps.

Compliance to UL60601-1 & TUV EN60601-1 medical standards is the difference.

Why do you want to buy these? Will you install them in a protected place since it is open-frame and has exposed high voltages.

However since Laptop chargers are usually 19V and enclosed , they tend to run hotter but for shorter periods than closed frame supplies which can be more reliable. Heat reduces lifetime.

View attachment 188327
i want buy them 1000+ for sell

R

Brian.
ight, agree with you, just marketing issue and differences, as all are smps circuit

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: